Once an article of clothing reserved for males, pants are now a staple in the woman’s closet. Although it’s fun to wear dresses and skirts on occasion, there’s nothing more comfortable than slipping into a good fitting pair of pants. Pants come in all colors, textures, shapes, and sizes and are very versatile in nature, enabling you to mix and match them with just about any style of top. Here are the top 5 pants trends for 2009 and beyond that you won’t see going out of style anytime soon.
1. Yoga pants are one of the hottest pants trends out there. You can wear yoga pants while you’re lounging around at home, studying, running errands, or out for a movie. The yoga pants trend is one that most women have been happy to embrace because unlike a lot of clothing trends out there, yoga pants allow us to remain incredibly comfortable and there’s no need to waddle around in pants so tight that we can barely breathe! Yoga pants come in a myriad of colors and styles. You can find cropped yoga pants, yoga pants with pockets and compartments, plain yoga pants, yoga pants with draw strings, and yoga pants with logos. Yoga pants practically feel like pajamas because they are so soft on the skin and comfortable. Pair your yoga pants with a snazzy pair of sneakers or flip flops and a baby tee or sporty jacket.
2. Capri pants (pants distributors here) are a classic and universally popular fashion item for women. They are flattering, comfortable, and can be worn casually or semi-formally. Whether you need comfortable officewear or it’s simply too hot to wear pants, try out a pair of stylish capris. Capris are much more flattering than shorts and they accentuate your calves and ankles. Pair them with blouses, blazers, or knits to achieve a variety of looks.
3. Leggings were all over the dancefloor in the 80s and now they have come back in full force. Leggings are comfortable, breathable, slimming, and versatile. They especially come in handy as a transitional fashion item after summer when you still feel like sporting short skirts, dresses, and shorts, but the weather simply won’t permit you to do so comfortably.
4. Dressy shorts are cropping up everywhere, regardless of the occasion. You’ll even find your favorite stars sporting shorts instead of skirts on the red carpet. Dressy shorts look great with a pair of leggings and knee high boots or mid-calf uggs. You can also pull off the dressy shorts look with a sexy pair of heels, or flats for a more casual flair. However, you’ll probably want to avoid wearing dressy shorts if you have less-than-flattering legs because they are ultra-revealing.
5. If you’re looking for a quick fashion solution, look no further than a jumper/romper, which has made a huge comeback in fashion as of late. Jumpers eliminate the need of having to select both a top and pants and they are easy to slip on. Jumpers are flirty and come in various styles. If you’re undecided about what to wear or you on a date and you want to look stylish and sexy, jumpers are the way to go.
*Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lululemonathletica/3966813374/